Ehud Atoun MD
|Ehud Atoun MD|
Dr. Ehud Atoun’s major focus is on shoulder surgery and the treatment of sports injuries. He is involved in both clinical and basic science research in these areas. His publications in the orthopedic literature reflect his special interest in minimally invasive surgeries and shoulder arthroplasty. He has written chapters in international textbooks on shoulder surgery and sports medicine, andlecture on these topics in conferences and courses worldwide.
Dr. Atoun holds a MD degree, Masters degree in orthopedic surgery (Cum laude) and Sports medicine diploma from the Tel Aviv University, Israel. He completed a two-year fellowship at the reading shoulder unit. Currently Dr. Atoun serves as the Head of the shoulder surgery and sports medicine service at the barzilai medical center, Ashkelon, Israel.
First degree, B.Sc.
- Year: 1996 Faculty: Medicine Institution: Tel Aviv university
- MCh Orth (Summa cum laude)
Year: 2008 Faculty: Medicine Institution: Tel Aviv university
Name of advisor: Prof. Meir Nyska
Title of thesis: Comparison of hallux valgus deformity evaluation on printed versus digital x-rays
- Diploma in Sports Medicine:
Year: 2005 Faculty: Medicine Institution: Tel Aviv university
Third degree, M.D.
- Year: 2000 Faculty: Medicine Institution: Tel Aviv university
- 2010- 2012 – Reading shoulder unit, Royal Berkshire hospital, Reading, UK – Shoulder fellow.
- 2008 – Cohen institute, Sao Paulo, Brazil – Internship in orthopedic sport medicine
- 2002-2008 – Wolfson medical center, Holon, Israel – Orthopedic surgery residency
- 2001 – Hospital 12 de octubre, Madrid, Spain – Diploma in emergency medicine
- 2002-2008 Resident, Orthopedic department, Wolfson medical center, Holon, Israel.
- 2008-2010 Senior Orthopedic surgeon, Orthopedic department, Wolfson medical center, Holon, Israel
- 2009-2011 Coordinator of the sports medicine diploma studies, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
- 2010-2012 Shoulder Fellow, Reading shoulder unit, Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, UK.
- 2012-Current Head of the shoulder surgery and sports medicine unit, Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, Israel.